After the majorly successful first album, Animal, Ke$ha has decided to release a follow-up album to be named Cannibal. The first single of Ke$ha's second album, is 'We R Who We R' and is dedicated to the recent suicides of gay youth as a result of bullying. Ke$ha told Entertainment Weekly: 'I feel like I’m creating this hopefully very youthful and irreverent movement of the kids, of, like, adolescence. I feel like the parents don’t get it, but the kids get it. And they deserve to have more good, positive music. I wanted to inspire people. It’s a celebration of any sort of quirks or eccentricities.' Cannibal will be released on November 22nd!
DJ Kays Notes:
I have literally had this track on repeat since the first time I heard it. I myself, am I huge fan of Ke$ha and had the pleasure to see her perform in August. Not only does she sound amazing on her cd, she also has a great voice and a lot of charisma while performing on stage. We R Who We R hasn't been released on iTunes yet, but as soon as it does, I know it will be successful. I am personally ecstatic for Cannibal to come out, and I hope you guys are too! This song makes me wish time would go by faster & it will be November 22 soon!
I am truly jealous that you got to see Ke$ha in concert! That is still on my to-do list. I can’t wait for her new album to come out either and as many of her songs already, and like you said, it will be very successful!
ReplyDelete